Rotary Club of Villa Park Newsletter
Getting to Know Brian Clark
Invocation: Brian Clark
Pledge of Allegiance: Bill Campbell
Rotary Four Way Test: Genene Dunn
Song : "Four Leaf Clover" Teri Elmendorf
Greeter: Greg Mills
Secret Greeter: Milt Stamos
Sgt At Arms: Dale Dagley
Dan Gray-Membership Committtee- Dan is looking for a few people to join a membership committee.
Mike Brunhober- Tecate, Mexico Trip- This is our annual trip to support the Elias Mora Foundation- Sept 14-16, 2018.
Marc Hurd- is meeting next week with the presidents of the Orange Rotary Clubs to look towards collaboration on upcoming projects.
- We are already doing a joint project with the Orange North Club providing art supplies to the Boys& Girls Club of Orange.
Genene Dunn- is on-board to do a fund raiser- some ideas have been floated and she is going to be looking at venues and possible dates.
Jill Kuli-today is her 80th birthday- Happy Birthday Jill.
Heidi Schmidt- birthday July 16th
Greg & Andie Mills- anniversary next week
John Valentine- attended a family reunion and found out he's going to be a great grandfather.
Dan Gray- happy to have his daughter Nicole at today's meeting-
Bill Underwood- introduced visitor Dan Collins- He was invited by Pam Dunn and lives in Orange Park Acres.
- Dan is a working actor who played the part of the king at Midievil Times for 12 years. His career included dancing on the Carol Burnett and Dean Martin
shows and he was Cyd Charisse's dance partner for many years. He now finds he has time to give back and is interesting in joining the Rotary.
-Milt Stamos- added that he owned a car wash in Hollywood and one of his partners was Shirley Jones
- Jill Kuli- added that her dad worked for Walt Disney and she was able to get a taste of the Hollywood Scene.
Speaker: Brian Clark - Craft Talk
Here's what we learned about Brian:
1. He is has a twin brother- they were born in Aurora, Illinois but soon moved to Whittier where they grew up.
2. His father was an engineer who tested the integrity of airplanes.
3. He discussed his experience with Boy Scouts, Cars and work as a paperboy.
4. He attended Cal State Fullerton and his first job was in wine sales, he went on to work for FHP, an HMO where he was a manager for 20 years.
- He realized his love for the older patients.
5. He sold cars for a year while he was working towards his license in financial planning- his first day on the job was 9/11.
6. He joined the Cota De Caza Rotary in 2001 and gradually found his way to our club-
7. 6 months ago he joined Edward Jones where he specializes in retirement readiness and sustainability.
7/26- Rotary Foundation Presentation
8/2- Paula Verkuylen- Girls on the run
8/7- National Night Out
8/9- Bob Cornell- Book publishing
8/21- Board Meeting.