Welcome everyone to the award winning Rotary Club of Villa Park website. We are a medium sized club with 52 members living in and around the "Hidden Jewel" that is Villa Park.
Our club is committed to serving our local and global communities and following Rotary's motto "Service Above Self". This year's Rotary International President is Barry Rassin and his theme for the year is "Be The Inspiration." Rotary International has stated goals of eradicating polio, providing clean water and sanitation, improving world literacy and searching for ways to promote world peace. (You may be surprised to learn that all those goals are inter-related!!) It is a global organization that has over 1 million members in over 200 countries that are united by these goals and through fellowship activities. It is not a boast to say that if you go almost anywhere in the world you will find a Rotary Meeting, where you will be welcomed as colleague and valued friend.
In years past we have worked on projects in our community that include:
· Providing Meals for families living at the Ronald McDonald House in Orange
· Delivering meals to senior shut-ins with the Meals on Wheels Program
· Supporting our local schools through mini grants to teachers, sponsoring Grad Night Events at Villa Park High School, as well as, their marching band and choir programs
· Providing food and refreshments at the Villa Park “HalloweenFest,” Holiday Boat Parade and Villa Park Picnic at Villa Park High School
· Sponsoring Boy Scout Troop 850
· Helping at the We Give Thanks Thanksgiving Dinner at the Honda Center and Veteran's Day Celebration at the Long Beach VA Hospital.
· Providing art, cooking and athletic supplies to other local youth groups such the Orangewood Children’s Home, Wayfinders (a halfway home for troubled teens) and the Youth Centers of Orange.
Similarly, we have provided vocational projects like:
· Junior Achievement for middle school students
· Sponsoring High School Interact members to attend RYLA – a life changing Rotary Youth Leadership training
· We have also supported the Villa Park High School Interact Club, which boasts over 300 members
· Support for the American Chemical Society at Villa Park High School.
· Early Act at Serrano Elementary School
· Helping to Create a STEM lab at Cerro Villa Middle School and Maker's Space at Villa Park Elementary School
Last, but not least, we have done some life changing international projects:
· Partnering with the Tecate Rotary Club to build a medical clinic in Tecate that provides care for over 5000 needy families and serves as a platform for other groups that provide cleft palate surgeries, eye exams and childhood vaccinations.\
· Sending Love Packs with school supplies to orphans in Liberia, Afghanistan and Mexico.
· Sending comfort food snack and DVDs to our troops in Iraq
· Collecting DVDs for the troops in Afghanistan
· Traveling to Caborca, Mexico to provide life-saving Polio inoculations to the local children
· Global grants that have provided Fire Engines, Water Towers, a Medical/Dental van to provide care to people in outlying areas, and donate to the Caborca Children's Treatment Fund that provides care to needy children with no financial means
· Assisting North Korean families that have escaped to South Korea
· Sponsoring exchange students who come to America for 6 months and attend our schools.
· Sanitation and water projects in India and Africa
· Provide Shelter Boxes to countries or areas that have suffered natural disasters.
We're a fun group, meeting every Thursday morning at 7:00 a.m. in the Villa Park City Hall Council Chambers, for food, fun and fellowship. We've got great speaker programs and are always looking for more hands to help us with our projects. Joining Rotary was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Take it from me, there is no greater satisfaction than knowing that you've done something that helped people you may never meet overcome barriers to success, preventable diseases, natural disasters and geopolitical strife. It's contagious!! And, our efforts are multiplied many times over by Rotary Clubs and the more than 1 million Rotarians all over the world. Come join us for breakfast one morning and see what we’re all about.